Best Underseat Subwoofer 2020 : Most of the trending cars have sufficient additional space that can be used to position subwoofers. And even if space is not available, there is a possibility of experiencing high-quality music in the car with the help of proper adjustment and using devices of optimum quality. An under-seat subwoofer can be bought which is easy to adjust and gives an extraordinary music experience.
An underseat subwoofer is a small electronic device that consists of an in-built amplifier housed in one small-sized compact body. The compact design comes into play when the installation of a subwoofer takes place in a vehicle. It readily vanished the requirement of the user to get a woofer and the need of pairing it with a separate amplifier and then perform the additional wiring tasks. The best place to install a subwoofer is under the seat of the driver or passenger in the back seat or even behind the back seat. The place of installation totally depends on the type of vehicle used.
Best Underseat Subwoofer Reviews 2020
Finding a good under seat powered subwoofers for a car is a tough task. There are numerous models available in the market nowadays. It is important to have a thorough knowledge of best under seat powered subwoofers to select and install one of them. Below is the list of 7 of best underseat subwoofer that can be used to gain a unique music experience in the car:
The Rockville RSW12CA Slim subwoofer is undoubtedly one of the best underseat subwoofer in the market available. It is a developed, smart and integrated solution for adding bass to any audio system irrespective of the vehicle. This subwoofer is widely used in combining subwoofers with matching enclosures as well as amplifiers for extensive audio bass performance. It is powered with a quick-connect Molex high-level input with the facility of Smart Turn-On Circuitry which enables the device to turn-on even remotely with the help of molded angled terminals. It is easy to set up as well as remove. This subwoofer is perfect for car trunks and truck seats or cabs. They have huge bass and amazing SPL levels. It has all the amazing technologies combined in a small device including real, head-pounding bass, MDF box enclosure and the reputation of Rockville.
- It is a highly powerful subwoofer with an ability to handle up to 12W peak power as well as 400W RMS.
- This subwoofer is compact and has a sleek design with dimensions 24 inches X 15 inches X 6.65 inches.
- This device comes with a high-density sound along with a laminated foam to improve the quality of sound
- The cables are made of 100% copper and top-quality RCA cables.
- The cables provide pure resistance. Resistance is a measurement of conductivity and signal to lose per foot of wire. Other brands in the market have lesser thickness than that of this product.
- This device has a satisfactory impedance of 4 ohms.
- The under-seat subwoofer accepts RCA inputs of low levels.
- This device has a frequency range of 38 Hz to 500 Hz which means it can be placed at any place inside the car.
- Additionally, the subwoofer possesses a 24dB low pass crossover frequency range 50 Hz to 250 Hz.
- The amplifier installation kits provide an insulating jacket that is abrasion-proof and provides cent percent flexibility.
- The product Rockville RSW12CA has a slim and sleek body.
- It is able to produce booming bass of high quality
- This product has a great look
- The under-seat subwoofer has been built with a highly durable enclosure.
- The whole equipment comes with an end to end wired kit which enables the user to install quickly and with ease
- It also has a quick connect facility for faster connectivity
- This device has an auto turn on and turns off the facility which helps the user to turn on the stereo and off when a music signal is no longer detected.
- Although Rockville RSW12CA is sleek and slim, it still becomes a little big for some of the vehicles including cars.
This device is an all-rounder and is a must-buy for those who are in search of a powerful and good looking best underseat subwoofer. But the size of the vehicle must be taken into consideration.
The Rockville RW10CA is an all in one solution which gives a huge amount of sounding bass in the car without even taking much space. This device has a much less thickness and can be easily adjusted under the seat. It has a built-in amplifier that has easy wiring and is extremely easy to install inside the car. It is loaded with high-level inputs. Therefore the user does not need a remote wire from the receiver in order to trigger. Additionally, when the user turns off the music signal the subwoofer system gets the unit on and off. It has also a smart circuit that helps in sensing whether an audio signal is present or not. It also automatically turns on the radio whenever the signal is present automatically turned off. It uses the high-level input which makes the system fastest.
Also, it is too easy to install and works well with speakers. This device has a peak power of about 800W and has an RMS of 200W. The ratings of this device have been approved by a third party that means which means the device is able to produce as much power as it says. This device has the most amazing controls that enable the user to modify the sound according to their preferences such as level control of the volume, subsonic filter used in filtering out the really low frequencies, crossover filters, bass boost as well as a phase control. The whole model is much clearer than other similar models and has a clear input and output wiring and makes the wiring neater and easier.
- This device as PWM MOSFET power supply that is seamless and continuous.
- It has an RCA input of a low level.
- This device is powered by high-level inputs with automatic Turn-on technology.
- This device comes with a high-level input and this makes it relatively easy to install.
- Has the feature of auto turn on/off which means it can automatically turn on and off when the users turn on their stereo and off when there is no music signal to be detected.
- This device is powered with 800W. It can also play a very loud sound without causing any distortions.
- For deeper bass, it uses a 10-inch cone.
- It comes with thermal protection.
- The quality of the sound most of the time gets affected by the installation process that is why the users need to make sure they tighten it in its place.
- The quality of the build is not the best.
- There are not many outputs in this model like the other models.
If the car of the person buying this small and they are looking for a slim subwoofer that can easily fit under the seat then this one is the ideal choice. Rockville RW10CA will not let down and will fit perfectly inside a small car.
This product is known for creating high tech, one of a kind subwoofers. The Kicker 11HS8 is nothing different from what it is known for. This small as a baby subwoofer uses the latest technologies to produce clear, loud, earthshaking bass and that makes it a strong contender in the category of best under seat subwoofers. This subwoofer can be paired up with the speakers of the car easily taking the music listening experience a notch higher.
- It is a compact but highly powered subwoofer
- This has an 8inch woofer
- It has an in-built RMS amplifier that is of 150W
- The frequency response of this device is between 20 – 120 Hz
- Variable Low-pass crossover (50 – 120 Hz)
- Has Variable Phase control (0 or 180 degrees)
- Has a control for bass boost (0dB to +6dB)
- Has inputs for speakers level
- A switch for auto turn-on
- Wired remote control is available
- The dimensions of this device are 14-1/4” W x 3-1/4” H x 9-3/8” D
The pros of Kicker 11HS8:
- The design of this device is very compact
- An Equalizer boost is present
- A remote bass
- Cone made of aluminum
- A harness for wiring
- Controls for features gain
- A spider efficient design
- Can produce clean and loud bass without any distortion
- Has a prebuilt amplifier that is powered at 150W
The cons of Kicker 11HS8:
- There are some rattling noises coming out the woofer when the volume is high
- There are no RCA inputs in this device
- It is relatively expensive than other devices in its range
If someone is looking for an best underseat subwoofer with advanced technology and have no problem with the price of this product then this one is an ideal subwoofer for their car. The sound is noise-free unless the volume is not too high, at high volume some different noises come out of it. It is a pretty decent product.
This is an best 8-inch subwoofer that has good looking design and amazing built quality too. PWE-S8 comes with a high-quality rugged cast metal body, it is quite heavy in terms of weight, the weight of this device is about 10 pounds and that enhances its quality feels and also enables to do rather well when the drivers have to ride on rough and bumpy roads.
This one is very easy to install, especially if the person buying this has an RCA connector in their vehicle. Even more than that this small but heavy baby subwoofer produces clean, crystal clear and great bass.
- It has a 120W amplifier and can also be housed together with the sub in the enclosure.
- Measurements of this device: 13.5” L x 9” W x 3” D. This means that it can be installed under or behind the seats of a car, in the trunk of a sedan, or in the hatch of an SUV.
- The frequency response is between 32Hz to 150Hz
- Power Rating of this device: 120W RMS
- RCA -0.1 – 4V
- 5 – 30V/ auto-sensing speaker input is present
The pros of PWE-S8 are:
- This is a small subwoofer and that makes its installation under the seats of a car very easy
- The sound produced by it is clear and clean
- The design is very attractive
- The built quality of the device is great, it will last for a long time because of it
The cons of PWE-S8 are:
- The subwoofer may dig deep into the pocket of the buyers as it is relatively expensive from other products that come with the same or near specifications.
For the people who are looking for a best underseat subwoofer that also looks good, has a good build quality, can be easily installed and comes with a great and clear sound quality, this one is the ideal product. PWE-S8 can dig-in deep in the pockets of the people who buy it so the people who buy it should not have any problem with it. This will fit into a small car perfectly.
Everyone who has the knowledge about the Car sector will for sure know about Kenwood. Kenwood is a household name when it comes to car accessories. Kenwood KSC-SW11 might be small in size but is very powerful and it has a solid aluminum build that helps it absorb all the heat and hence it can eliminate the risk of overheating of the sub.
- This device is enclosed in aluminum with an 8-1/4” x 5-1/8” Sub
- For controlling the volume this device comes with a wired remote
- Low-pass variable crossover of 50-12
- RMS power of 75 W and a maximum power of 150 W
- This is a very low profile and compact device
- It has a pre-built amplifier in it
- For the purpose of protection, this device comes with a front grill
- The build of this is durable as it is of aluminum, it can also absorb heat that helps in avoiding overheating issues with the sub
- This is a pocket-friendly Subwoofer
The cons of this device are:
- The base is really not so loud
- The device has very limited features when it comes to tuning
For someone who is just starting out, and is out to buy the first underseat subwoofer for their car, this one is the ideal choice. It is very pocket-friendly. For the people who are not much concerned with loud bass then, the Kenwood KSC-SW11 is a great option to go with.
JBL is one of the most popular names in the sound industry. The JBL BAssProSL is a compact 8 inch sub that comes with an efficient design and an attractive look. However, this is not as powerful as the other subwoofers in the same range. The bass is pretty decent keeping in mind its low power and small structure.
- This is an 8 inch subwoofer, it is powered and an under-seat compact subwoofer enclosure
- The power output is at a peak, 250 W.
- RMS is 125W
- Has an efficient Class D Amplifier
- Has LED power and protect indicators
- Has a soft start turn-on feature
- Has high-level inputs with Auto-on feature when it senses audio
- It has gold-plated power, ground and remote screw-down connections
- The circuits are protected in 3 ways for thermal, overload, and speaker short protection
- A wired remote controller ready for bass control
- Has low sensitivity levels of 200mv – 2V and high sensitivity levels of 2V – 20V
- Frequency response is between 35 – 120Hz
- Has a variable low -pass filter of 50 – 120Hz, 12dB/Octave, a variable bass boost of 0 to +9 dB bass boost at 70Hz and selectable Phase Switch of 0 to 180 degrees.
The pros of this device are:
- This subwoofer is very easy to install
- It has a very sturdy and appealing construction
- The design of this product is efficient and cool to touch
- There are many outputs for audio tuning
The only drawback of this device is that this sub is a bit expensive as compared to other subs of the same quality.
This best small under-seat subwoofer is pretty good when it comes to sound and is for sure worth a try, the price is the only thing that is something the people who buy this might find odd. JBL BassProSL is great, it has a pretty attractive look and can easily fit in under the seat of a small car. Great for people who are not much concerned about high prices.
The last product in this list, Cerwin-Vega VPAS10 is really powerful and it can handle the high power of 200W RMS with a 450W peak power. The design of this product is compact and is ideal for cars or other vehicles with very little space. The design is attractive and the build quality is also decent. The sound quality is also good.
- It has a 10inch woofer for loud and high-quality bass
- It can fit in very small spaces because of its compact design
- The users can set the sensitivity levels as per their preference, this is enabled because it uses adjustable input sensitivity
- Has a delayed turn-on feature that ensures the users not to worry about the Ear shocks
- For the purpose of thermal protection, it comes with aluminum circuits
The pros of Cerwin-VegaVPAS10 are:
- Comes with a phase switch
- Has bass booster
- Has MOSFET Power supply
- It has an adjustable low-pass filter
- It has the feature of thermal protection to protect the circuits
- This device comes with RCA inputs
- The only drawback of this subwoofer is that it is expensive.
Even after its small size, this best underseat subwoofer deliver amazing bass. For the people who are looking for a subwoofer that can fit into very small spaces, this is the ideal subwoofer. It comes with many amazing features and has only one drawback that is the price, it is comparatively expensive from other products that have nearly the same configuration. This also comes with aluminum circuits for the purpose of thermal protection. Cerwin-Vega VPAS10 is a subwoofer that will give great quality sound. This product is a decent choice if the user is installing a subwoofer for the first time.
The best underseat subwoofers have many types, they come in different shapes, sizes, they come with different features. Some subwoofers might have good build quality but their sound might not be as good, some might have great power options but their size might not be suitable for the vehicles of their buyers. There are many factors that the buyers look at before buying an under-seat powered subwoofer for their cars. This list had some of the best under-seat subwoofers and all their features and pros and cons were discussed with a verdict that could help users decide which subwoofer is ideal for their car.
Getting a subwoofer that looks attractive is cool but the buyers should also pay attention to the sound quality the number of power outputs, the material by which it is built and if the bass gets distorted when the volume is high. There are some best underseat woofers that were decent but were expensive but they are also good when at some parts, they can be easily installed and come with a great build quality so they will last longer than the others that might be cheaper.
Buying a best underseat subwoofer is not an easy task, it demands good research and also the proper knowledge of the subwoofer specifications. Users might take help from a technical expert who knows what are the qualities that makes a subwoofer worth its price.
You love to check :